Friday, July 1, 2011

C.O.T.

This is the second time I'm living in the City Of Trees, Boise Id.  It really is a beautiful city and surrounding.  Filled with parks, hot springs, a natural river running through the heart of a cheerful petite urban escape, Boise is an outdoor-lovers paradise.
On any given day grown men frolic in butt comfy spandex shorts and clickety-clack cycling shoes re-hydrating with a "local" bew (anything from Oregan or Seattle) on one of our many covered tavern patios. Spirited colors of orange and blue line the streets... goooo Broncos!  and my past favorite (no longer my favorite pastime) the dive bars.  Living beyond conformity, Boise still allows smoking in bars. 
(Coup Clothing image by Will Hay)

Up until three weeks ago I conformed to their nonconformity.  A beer in one hand, one cold sitting idly aside, and cig in the other, this was my Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday night (even I needed a day off.)
Well, at this time, I haven't yet found the spandex shorts but I am putting my bike to much use.  As soon as my arm heals, hot springs will be my backyard jacuzzi, and I'm going to raft that river so hard.  I'm still going to patron those hole-in-the-walls, I do have friends that aren't freaks, but I've noticed I have a two hour maxim (I feel a headache coming on or I need to take my pills, both usually being true-ish).
As for the other hundred hours of free Boise time I'm taking on a little restaurant project, getting excited about writing stories again, and taking time for the little things (a garden, my dog, camping, yoga, soccer, family and friends).

4 comments:

  1. Your strength and courage continue to amaze and inspire me. Keep on keepin' on girrrl! You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Nichole. I am enjoying learning more about you. Have a great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! Keep up the fight girlfriend and show that river who's boss. Every bit of the Pizza Nova crew is sending you strength and love. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me want to come back there...but San Francisco's pretty special. Probably be here for a little while.

    ReplyDelete