Wednesday, July 27, 2011

flexin in the mirror

Ohhhh man, I've been pushing myself pretty hard and wow I can feel it.

Last week I went in for blood tests. (My arm is still bruised, can't imagine if they drew directly from my veins how that would look and feel.) My white blood cell count came back super low, .8. The doctor said he would like to see it between 2 and 4. Concerned that I'd get sick he started me on Levofloxacin, which is an antibiotic capable of treating multiple life-threatening bacterial infections. I'm taking it as a just in case'er. 

After two days of working out, beating brow, sweetin' to the oldies my glands became inflamed.  Now, don't  get concerned, I think the medication is working it's magic.  I couldn't let a little soar throat stop my routine.  I'm highly uninterested in being bone and flesh.  I love my muscles.  I love arm wrestling dudes and bring them to tears.  I love flexing in the mirror.  I dis-love Jen carrying in all the heavy stuff.  So, I spent two more days working out.  And although my glands are still swollen, I have my appetite, no fever, and I'm worn out but feeling the muscular love.

2 comments:

  1. You're still way stronger than me. You're like Wonder Woman or somethin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you ARE a wondrous woman. Please, help me stay in shape, too: let's go for a bike ride! What's your schedule, again, I need to know these things. :p Write more, lady!

    ReplyDelete