Monday, July 18, 2011

Chemo-Brain

still no wig

 I thought I'd leave a little just for laughs
I had my second treatment Thursday at St. Lukes, Boise.  Things went a little differently here than in Denver, but the basics remained the same: tests to ensure I'm me and I'm alive, bags of drugs dripping into my veins, and meetings with a financial adviser and counselor.
I found out my lump hadn't shrunken, I had no account of my white blood cells, and my insurance had expired.  (Time to turn this info into good news.)  As of today, I can see my nipple again. It had been eaten up by my enlarged breast prior to two days ago.  I never thought I'd be so happy to see my tit sag.
I have an appointment this week to get an accurate white blood cell count.  As for now, stay away if you're ill.  I wouldn't want to blame you for my death.  Also, that above mentioned adviser filled out the proper paper work for me to transfer my insurance.

AOkay, here's what it was like.  Hot and cold flashes all night, which was highlighted by constant bathroom breaks.  The cold doesn't bother me so much, it's 500 degrees outside.  But the hot are a little worrisome.  My temperature is not to exceed 100.5 or it could mean a trip to the emergency room.  My mouth dry and tongue swollen feels like someone pumped it up in order to use it as a floating device.  Nothing tastes good, everything except french fries grosses me out.  My bones feel like they're wagging a war against each other. And I have chemo-brain.  I feel slow and mindless.  I have all this time to be creative and I can't think how.  This silly little blog has taken over an hour.  But heck, there is spell check, and french fries, and I'm not passed out.  So, pretty much having a great day.  How about you?

6 comments:

  1. Three things:

    1) "I wouldn't want to blame you for my death" - so I am not sure that I should be laughing as hard as I am, but that is a brilliantly funny line.

    2) French fries are totally acceptable to pig out on. They are made from a vegetable so they are totally heatlhy in my book.

    3) NO SPELLCHECK!! One of my most favorite things about you, is your inability to spell words correctly. Ever since elementary school you spelt things wrong. I love it about you! On your other blogs when you didn't use spell check, every mis-spelled word made me smile. It just makes the blogs you. :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a better brain than I have right now. Actually, you always have. Big hug, Nicholita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you now have things in common with natalie portman, sigourney weaver, and melissa ethridge (besides the obvious on the latter)....you're a damn fine looking bald woman...
    note: i left off britney spears because, let's be honest, she looked a little off...
    miss your face picklevick...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of my time with you last week brought tears to my eyes (as you know). There is nobody that I enjoy hugging more that you. Sure do love you spook.

    As an aside, I looked at Michele's photo and saw your mom's features. I am praying for you too Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW Nichole is lagging on her fundraising info - something about a big deal in Boise on Aug 14, a Paypal account for sending contributions, a $49/night limited availability hotel deal for that weekend at a hotel on Vista, etc. It seems that lost income and medical expenses can be an issue.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete