Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Right Breast

Details: On 6/13/2011 advised by a friend I went to Urgent Care for a breast exam because of a large tender lump in my right breast.  They quickly sent me for a CT scan where the fun and games really took off.  On June 16 -23, through the direction of the wonderful Dr Paul, I proceeded to have a right breast and right axilla biopsy (guided by an ultrasound) and liver biopsy (guided by another CT scan), MRI of both breast and brain, an ECHO scan, a bone scan, and begun chemotherapy.
What does this all mean?  Well, in short, according to the many tests and docs, I have IV stage breast cancer with lesions in my liver lymph nodes, and bone.  Again, what does this mean?  To me it means I have to "take on" every day with agility and precision.
I've changed my diet, quit my 55+ hour a week job, moved to Boise, where friends and family are plentiful, and started this Blog so that the rest of the universe can follow my treatments, motivations, and successes.
I love you all and thanks for reading and commenting.

7 comments:

  1. A friend from Jr. High just beat breast cancer and you will too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nichole, I'm honored to have you in my life, and so proud of you for taking this on with strength and grace. Love you lady! - Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nichole, great first entry. Informative, direct, funny, poignant, punchy, no/pun intended. I can't wait to keep reading. You're the best storyteller I know, especially when you're rambling. :p LOVE YO, M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about you everyday! Hope to see you again soon.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...thinking lots about you, Nichole. How are you feeling? What's the chemotherapy like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nichole,
    We went to Proto's the other night and I was looking for you. I know we did not hang out much but I always enjoyed seeing when I did, and think you are an awesome person. I am glad you are taking such good care of yourself in Boise. I will keep you in my prayers. Sending you love,
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Blanche, thanks for linking me to your blog so I can stay connected. All the things that are coming to my head to say to you are of course totally inappropriate because other people will be able to read it and won't understand I'm not being mean I'm just being funny and well...me! So thake a moment to think about all the things I use to say to you on a daily basis and don't forget about the looks either and I hope it will bring a smile to your face and maybe even a chuckle or two. All my love and a giant hug too, remember you are absolutely faboulous darling! Xo Jessica

    ReplyDelete